5 Ways to Download YouTube Videos
- Install Open Video Downloader
Open Video Downloader should be set up immediately. Open source and free, this programme makes it simple to save videos from YouTube on Mac or PC. It is available at.If you're using Windows, and the other version isn't working for you, click the GET icon to download and install the Microsoft Store version instead.To install the software on a Mac, go to the website's Download page and click the button.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to download in a web browser.
Navigate to the clip that you wish to save. To locate the clip, just type the title into the “Search” bar located at the top of the page. Any time you choose to watch a video, it should start automatically.Take note of the video's URL. To copy a URL, select it in the browser's address bar, then press Ctrl+C (PC) or Command+C (Mac) (Mac).
Launch VLC media player. The appropriate locations on Windows and macOS are the Start menu and the Applications folder, respectively. It looks like an orange traffic cone.VLC is available for free at https://www.videolan.org if you don't already have it. VideoLAN Client (VLC) is a free and open-source video player that supports a wide variety of file formats and has many useful extras.
- Copy the video's URL
- Start a fresh data connection. VLC can play network streams from a web browser. For Windows and macOS, the procedures vary slightly:
- in Windows, select Media > Open Network Stream.
- On a mac, select Open Network under the File menu.
- Start the Open Video Downloader app.
If you're having trouble viewing videos on YouTube, copy the text below and paste it into a new Notepad or TextEdit document. The file should be named “youtube.lua” and saved. Under Windows, open “C:Program Files (x86)VideoLANVLCluaplaylist” in a file manager. To view the contents of VLC.app on a Mac, right-click the application in the Applications folder. Go to “/MacOS/share/lua/playlist” from there. Replace the existing “youtube.luac” file with the downloaded “youtube.lua” file. 
- Right-click the address bar and select
- Make a copy of the location bar. A long address will appear at the bottom of the window; copy it. Click the “Copy” button after you've highlighted the entire address.
- With Windows, select the link, then click the Copy option in the context menu.
- On a Mac, select Open URL from the menu that appears when you right-click the text area.